Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to the 'Chronicles'

Happy 2nd Birthday !

Well, believe it or not, this fledgeling little blog has been going for 2 full years's now, so Happy Birthday BB Chronicles! With so many music blogs coming and going very quickly these days, I guess that in itself is an achievement. Although this is only a very part-time activity, I am proud that I was able to substantially increase the number of posts and downloads in my second year compared to the first. Although I am at the very limit of amount of time I can spend on this already, I will try to keep active with updates and posts of great music that may be hard to find elsewhere. I hope that there are at least some of you out there that find something of interest here on a regular basis and keep checking back. Thank you to those of you that regularly visit. I have enjoyed this experience alot (though it is quite a bit of work) and it is great to be able to share my thoughts and tastes in music with others (although it would be nice to get some more comments and feedback on what you think of the music and opinions offered here). Most of all, though, as I did last year at this time, what I really want to do is thank all the others out there who have made so much of this incredible music, which is not available for purchase anywhere, freely available to all who wish to download and enjoy it. I am only able to offer these downloads because others before me have made them available. So, to all the other bloggers, forum posters, and music fans that have collected these recordings and made them available over the internet, as well as to all the great artists and musicians out there that allow these recordings to be freely exchanged, I offer a huge and heartfelt Thank You. It has been a tremendous experience to have the opportunity to collect and listen to such a wide variety of great concerts, shows, and sessions that I never knew existed before or never would have heard. Thus, if I can share some of that joy with even just a few others through this blog, than it surely is worth it. So, thank you all again, and keep listening.

3 comments:

speedymjb said...

Congrats on your 2 yr anniversary!

The PopCulturist said...

Mazeltov. You've posted so much great stuff I will even forgive you this recent Genesis obsession ;)

Jeff

Anything Should Happen said...

Happy second mate.

I'm a year behind you so you'll always be the older brother.