Thursday, November 7, 2013

Barenaked Ladies - Outtakes & Bonus Tracks (1996-2013) (Updated)

Barenaked Ladies
Outtakes & bonus tracks (1996-2013)

Studio outtakes & bonus tracks, excellent quality
mp3 @ 320k
Re-up of previously available compilation, plus now upgraded to include 3 bonus tracks from Grinning Streak (2013).

Recently I was reminded by a reader that my 2010 post containing these outtakes from the Barenaked Ladies had never been re-upped after the 'great megaupload fiasco of 2012' (at least that what I'm calling it). And I was surprised to find that he was quite right: the old useless megaupload link was still there on my web blog page. Although I had thought I had fixed all of those long ago and updated with new links, here was one I had missed after all this time. As I looked into it some more, I then realized that initially when I was re-uploading and updating all these links, I had misplaced these particular files, they were not backed-up to where they were supposed to be in my mess of a 'system' of music file organization. So, at the time I skipped over them, until I could find them again. Well then, of course, after awhile I forgot all about them and just never got tracked them down and got this updated. So now, spurred back into action, I located the missing files (oh yeah, so That's where they were!), and decided that now, since BNL have recently put out a new album, and there were also additional bonus tracks associated with that one, that I certainly should add in the new tracks as well. So, here you have it, the original outtake collection, with the addition of the new bonus tracks from Grinning Streak also included. So, if you hadn't downloaded this previously, now there is even more reason to do it now, and if you had been waiting for me to finally get this back up, sorry, but now the wait is over. Enjoy!  I do believe this was the last of the old dead links still hanging around, but if you happen to find any others, let me know.

Original post here, with additional info on the tracks included

Tracklist
01 Trust Me (Born On A Pirate Ship Outtake)
02 Back (Born On A Pirate Ship Outtake)
03 She's On Time (Stunt Outtake)
04 Long Way Back Home (Stunt Outtake)
05 Hidden Sun (Maroon Hidden Track)
06 Born Human (Maroon Outtake)
07 Inline Bowline (Maroon Outtake)
08 Powder Blue (Maroon Outtake)
09 Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! (Everything To Everyone Outtake)
10 Another Postcard (Acoustic)
11 Maybe Katie (Acoustic)
12 Second Best (Acoustic)
13 Next Time (Acoustic)
14 Testing 1,2,3 (Acoustic)
15 Aluminum (Acoustic)
16 Easy (Acoustic)
17 She Turned Away (All In Good Time Outtake)
18 Let There Be Light (All In Good Time Outtake)
19 Moonstone (All In Good Time Outtake)
20 All In Good Time (All In Good Time Outtake)
21 Another Heartbreak (Acoustic)
22 Four Seconds (Acoustic)
New! added tracks
23 Blacking Out (Grinning Streak bonus track)
24 Fog of Writing (Grinning Streak bonus track)
25 Who Knew (Grinning Streak bonus track)


Now upgraded: with 3 bonus tracks from 2013 Grinning Streak sessions

Barenaked_Ladies_-_Outtakes.rar

2 comments:

Roo Tingwell said...

Hi
Question - do you know what are the digital bonus tracks for Barenaked Ladies are Men ?
Cheers
Ruben

BBKron said...

Roo,

I don't know of any digital bonus tracks for BLAMen. Perhaps what you are thinking of are the tracks that were initially bonus tracks for the Deluxe Edition of BLAMe. When BLAMe was first released, there was also a deluxe edition available that contained most of the tracks that would eventually be released on BLAMen. Four tracks were not included in that original Deluxe Edition. They were 'Quality', 'Another Spin', 'What a Letdown', and 'Why Say Anything Nice?', and these were only available as digital bonus tracks at that time. However, when the complete album BLAMen was released separately several months later, it included all of the tracks (Deluxe Edition tracks plus 'bonus' tracks). Thus, if you have BLAMen then you have all of the tracks issued, and as far as I know, there are no additional 'bonus' tracks beyond these. Hope this helps. thanks for your interest in the blog.

BBKron