Friday, March 16, 2012

The Band - 1971-06-30 - Central Park, NYC

THE BAND
June 30, 1971
Schaefer Music Festival,
Wollman Skating Rink, Central Park, New York

Audience recording, very good quality
Available in both Lossless (FLAC) and mp3 (320 k) versions

Sorry about the lack of new posts lately, but with trying to restore some of the old files, just haven't been able to get much new stuff ready. But anyway, since previous Band posts have been very popular, I thought I'd put up a few more of some of their not so widely available shows, for all to enjoy. This is a very good audience recording of a show in Central Park in 1971 that features most of their classics as well as a few lesser known songs. I'll put up more from The Band in a few days.

Tracklist:
1. W.S. Walcott Medicine Show
2. King Harvest
3. Time To Kill
4. The Weight
5. I Shall Be Released
6. Stage Fright
7. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
8. Across the Great Divide
9. Unfaithful Servant
10. Up In Cripple Creek
11. Loving You (Has Made My Life Sweeter Than Ever)
12. Genetic Method
13. Chest Fever
14. Rag Mama Rag
15. The Shape I'm In
16. Baby Don't Do It

Robbie Robertson - guitar, vocals
Rick Danko - bass, vocals
Richard Manuel - piano, drums, vocals
Garth Hudson - organ;
Levon Helm - drums, mandolin, vocals

New Links! (Updated 08/31/21)
mp3 version - The_Band_1971-06-30_NY_mp3.rar

Flac version - The_Band_1971-06-30_NY_FLAC.rar
                     

2 comments:

synonymicious said...

Much better quality recording than I might've assumed for 1971...great to hear the guys playing this hard...

Unknown said...

I was at this show the summer I graduated from high school. I was just looking for the set list and didn’t imagine I would find a recording of the show!