Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Favorite Songs of 2023 - My Top 25 Songs


 My Top 25 Favorite Songs of 2023

As already chronicled in my best albums lists, there were a lot of really good albums in 2023. So, here are my favorite songs from those albums and elsewhere. As usual, it's an eclectic list, you won't find any radio songs or hits of any kind here. These are primarily just my favorite song from my favorite albums. On some of those albums, there are numerous songs that could be on the list, just filled with great songs. However, I have have limited the list to include just one song (my overall favorite) from any album, so as to include as many different artists as possible. Anyway, here is my list, certainly not comprehensive in any way, just some of the individual songs I have really enjoyed this year.

1. Hotel Daedalus - Motorpsycho  

2. Teen Angel Meets the Apocalypse - Moon Safari

3.  Seize The Day - We Came From Space

4. Playing For Time - Peter Gabriel

5. Solitude, Silence, and Steam - This Winter Machine

6. Pursuit of No Regret - The Guess Who

7. Dream Fortune - I am the Manic Whale

8. Merry-Go-Round - Kite Parade

9. Holding Pattern - Nickel Creek

10. Cell to Call Home - Advent Horizon

11. Clouds with Ellipses  - Ben Folds

12. Clouds That Never Rain - Patter-Seeking Animals

13. Threnody For a Dead Queen - Comedy of Errors 

14. What Life Brings - Steven Wilson

15. Mirror to the Sky - Yes 

16. Turning of the World - Tiger Moth Tales

17. Political - Dirt Poor Robins

18. Push - Trevor Rabin

19. The Pilot is Not Fit to Fly - Overhead

20. Is That How the Story Ends? - Mystery

21. The Long Goodbye - Galahad

22. Big Town Banky Blaine's Rockabilly BBQ - Bear Ghost

23. To Find the Light, Part 2 - Great Wide Nothing

24. The Lessons They Bring - Dream the Electric Sleep

25. The Place Where I Belong - Riverside

Ok, so that about wraps up  my year-end round-up for 2023. What were some of your favorite songs of the year? Next, on to 2024 and all the new exciting music that will be coming out over the next year. Thanks for staying with me throughout the year, and hopefully into next year as well.

1 comment:

tawauffi said...

Dear BB Chronicles, thank you for your best of lists.
And thank you for all the sharing you have done with us in 2023.
Looking forward to staying with you in 2024 as well.

From my side, these are the albums that have made my year

Peter Gabriel, Amaarae - fountain baby, Paolo Angeli – NíJar, lucie antunes - carnaval, Corinne bailey rae – black rainbow, blur - the ballad of darren, jamie branch - fly or die, julie byrne - the greater wings, vinicio capossela - tredici canzoni urgenti, PJ Harvey - I inside the old year dying, Kara Jackson – Why Does the Earth Give Us People to Love?, Lankum – false lankum, caroline polacheck – desire, I want to turn into you, Matana Roberts – Coin Coin Chapter 5: In The Garde, robbie robertson - Killers of the flower moon OMPST, the necks - travel, olivia rodrigo - guts, sparklehorse - bird machine, sufjan stevens - javelin, young fathers - heavy heavy