Friday, August 13, 2021

Favorite Counting Crows Songs - Addendum to Counting Crows Album Ranking List

 Favorite Counting Crows Songs

As a follow-up to my recent ranking of the studio albums from Counting Crows, here is a list of my current top 25 favorite Counting Crows songs. Overall, this is more difficult than ranking the albums, as there are so many good to great songs to consider and come up with an absolute favorites list. In addition, favorite songs tend to change more readily with time and circumstances, thus this list represents what I am thinking today, and would probably change if reconsidered next week, month, or year (although the top 5 or so are pretty solid and probably won't change much). Anyway, here is a list of my current top 25 favorite Counting Crows songs (with album indicated in parentheses-see key below), as well as my bottom 5 least favorite songs. 

25. Recovering the Satellites (RTS)
24. Hard Candy (HC)
23. Kid Things (TDL)
22. Daylight Fading (RTS)
21. Sundays (SNSM)
20. Four White Stallions (US)
19. God of Ocean Tides (SUW)
18. I Wish I Was a Girl (TDL)
17. Another Horsedreamer's Blues (RTS)
16. Come Around (SNSM)
15. Round Here (AEA)
14. Goodnight Elizabeth (RTS)
13. Cowboys (SNSM)
12. Anna Begins (AEA)
11. Carriage (HC)
10. A Murder of One (AEA)
9. Einstein on the Beach (NA)
8. High Life (TDL)
7. Omaha (AEA)
6. Possibility Days (SUW)
5. Four Days (TDL)
4. Rain King (AEA)
3. Dislocation (SUW)
2. A Long December (RTS)
1. Mrs. Potter's Lullaby (TDL)

(AEA) - August and Everything After
(RTS) - Recovering the Satellites
(TDL) - This Desert Life
(HC) - Hard Candy
(SNSM) - Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings
(US) - Underwater Sunshine
(SUW) - Somewhere Under Wonderland 
(NA) - Non-Album Track

Least favorite songs.
I pretty much like all their songs. So, these are not really bad songs necessarily, just the ones I least enjoy hearing:
5. Monkey
4. Children in Bloom
3. Ghost Train
2. On A Tuesday in Amsterdam Long Ago
1. Le Ballet D'Or

So, what are your favorite (or not favorite) Counting Crows songs?

1 comment:

Olli said...

1. A long December
2. If I could give you all my Love (Richard Manuel is dead)
3. Four white Stallions
4. Rain King
5. Round here
6. A Murder of One
7. Angels of the Silences
8. Mr. Jones
9. Have you seen me lately?
10. Holiday in Spain